KLB is home to some of the world’s top authors, researchers and experts in book publishing and printing. We pride ourselves in providing high quality educational publications ranging from school and college textbooks, dictionaries, autobiographies, storybooks, e-books and offering high end printing services that are unmatched in East Africa Region. We publish in different languages and also offer translation services.
We are headquartered in South C, Nairobi, Kenya and have a Sales and Customer Service Branch along Kijabe Street, Nairobi. We also have an easily accessible team of field staff countrywide. For more information click to read or download:
At a Glance
- Publisher of curriculum and non-textbook reading
materials such as children story books, autobiographies, dictionaries, revision books, vernacular books and e-books.
- More than 300 employees countrywide.
- More than 1000 titles published, with more than 250e-books available worldwide in online bookstores – klbbooks.com, WorldReader, amazon.com and eKitabu
- Committed to publishing and giving back to the community through our Corporate Social Value (CSV) programs.
- Providing high quality printing services and
- Finding innovative new ways of getting authors to tell their stories and ideas to global audiences
- Established in 1947 as the East African Literature Bureau
- Became Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB) in 1980
- Shareholders: 100% government owned
- Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with operations within the East African region
- Largest textbook publisher in Kenya with a controlling stake in Early Learning, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary levels of education
- Has a state-of-the-art printing press for quality prints